Members of the Gainesville community tell me there are 116 churches in the area. Why do we need another church? Making the right decision for the future of your family is important. Is something missing? You judge.
- Interdenominational: That means your background is accepted. No matter if you grew up Methodist, Roman Catholic, Southern Baptist, or have never been affiliated with any church, you are welcome and wanted at Hope Church. John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- Full Gospel: Salvation in Jesus applies to your physical health, mental health, spiritual health, and relational health. Jesus came to restore us to connected peace with God, the Creator. All that came with Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the beginning years of the church of Jesus Christ is still available. Nothing goes away until He returns. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
- Power Prayer: When we pray, we expect answers. We do see miracles and physical healing along with spiritual and mental and relational. We do experience a tangible presence of God in services. God shifted His entire being to do good on behalf of those that accept forgiveness in Jesus and join His forever family. Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory;No good thing will He withhold from those who walk His path.
- Balance: Fellowship with other members and other churches, friendships that are healthy and fun, family with joy and strength,faith in Jesus that is eternal in consequence. We need all four. No one should spend their life at church. No one should spend their life without a church family in which they participate. Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking the coming together of ourselves, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
- Expression: Dedication to God and His design for life means loving Him and loving others in belief and action. We mean it and we do it. Though we are tiny in number, we have supported Community Transformation Initiative in graduating 105 Cooke County citizens on probation from Life Skills and Parenting,we have hosted hundreds at free community family events from concerts to Easter Egg hunts to cookouts, we have given hundreds of toys and school supplies to kids in Mexico, and we are developing an open Celebrate Recovery so people in pain of grief, loss, abuse, addiction, and other hurts, habits, and hang-ups can live a better life forward. We are an action church. Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- Opportunity: All are welcome to come. How can you understand unless you come and hear and experience. No matter how many times you have failed to live up to His plan, no matter how long you have lived apart from God’s perfect plan, you are welcome and wanted at Hope Church. God’s eternal offer of joining His family is open to you. Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
- Sacrifice: Yes,sacrifice. When you receive the free gift of forgiveness from wrong living and accept the free gift of eternal life in Christ, you are now His. You have surrendered your life for His life. I tis an exchange. In that exchange, He calls you to a higher and better life. He empowers and expects you to grow out of the old and into the new. Faith understands and finds it easy to obey and give of time, talent, and treasure to see the family grow. We are a family. Every member does their part that none would be overburdened. 1 John 2: 3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
- Solid: The faith we offer is over 2000 years in the making. God created mankind. Mankind rebels and chooses their own path. The choice separates us from God. Separation from God is a spiritual death that mankind cannot solve. Unresolved, it results in eternal separation from God, Hell. God loves us so much, He sent His Son, Jesus, to live in full obedience and take our punishment for us. Jesus lived,died, rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and will come again. If we admit we can’t do it and receive Jesus gift of forgiveness and eternal life, we become members of God’s family forever. He offers full empowerment of His Holy Spirit to equip us to live free from mistaken living (sin) and enter into a life of miracles, signs, and wonders. Obedience means living as a disciple of Christ inside a local church body where you can grow and be mentored (discipled). Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever
Is that what you want for you and your family? Whether you are a family of one or many, come on Sunday at 11am or Sunday at 5pm and get started. I want to meet you and welcome you into Hope Church. Pastor Phil